We recently updated our Introduction to Inbound Marketing White Paper to reflect the currents state of the industry and new tools that have become available since the guide was initially created in 2014. The marketing space is constantly evolving, so we hope this document helps you keep a pulse on the industry.
Here is a summary of the main updates we made.
1. Adding Marketing Automation
Marketing automation is the automation of repetitive or predictable marketing tasks such as emails, lead-scoring and task assignment, which can save you a lot of time once your lead volume increases. With more marketing automation tools coming on the market, there are now good low-cost options for startups. Two options for marketing automation that also come with free, 30-day trials without requiring you to speak with a salesperson are:
- Active Campaign – starts at $49/month
- Get Response – starts at $49/month
2. New Tools We’ve Tried
New tools we’ve added for inbound marketing recently, include:
- LeadIn, a free popover and visitor tracking plugin for WordPress that shows you which pages leads viewed.
- HubSpot CRM, a new and free CRM tool from HubSpot for managing leads, deals and sales tasks
- KWFinder, a keyword tool that shows related searches and data on the top search rankings for that keyword.
3. Updated Resources
We have updated the statistics in the guide to show the current state of inbound marketing. Links to resources, articles and guides for further reading have also been added or updated. Download the updated Introduction to Inbound Marketing white paper now.