For any small business, having a website is integral to its success, and part of having a website that works for your business is consistently working to improve your google search visibility. Getting your website noticed and appearing in top search results is not easy, but with these tactics you can start seeing the results you want, not only in your search engine but also in your business.
If you take these simple steps, you can make your business more searchable.
- Submit Your Site for Indexing: No matter what platform you have used to build your website, whether it be WordPress, Square Space, or Wix, it is important that you register your site on Google Console to ensure that it is indexing. By ensuring that your site is indexing, means that it allows search engines to show your site to potential users.
- Register Your Site with Google Business: A Google Business profile has many benefits including helping your business appear in relevant geographic search results. This is a great local SEO benefit if you have a physical presence. Once you activate your Google Business profile, you can then post regular updates, add relevant contact information including business hours and encourage customers to leave reviews. Customer reviews can increase the click through rate on your website, and something that can have a positive impact on your search results.
- Target Keywords: It’s important to ensure that your website is targeting a specific topic, while also incorporating high volume and relevant keywords and adding those keywords to the copy on your page, including in your meta descriptions, tags and the titles of your pages. MOZ is a great tool that we use to help increase traffic, rankings and visibility in search results.
- Add a Blog Page: Adding a blog to your website is a low cost investment and a great way to increase your visibility. If you create a blog page, maintain it regularly by adding relevant, and interesting content using strategic keywords, it can help you get noticed and boost your visibility.
- Optimize Your Images: Including images on your website that are high quality and include a caption, appropriate file name, and load quickly, images can help your business be more visible in a Google search.
These are just a few of the ways in which you can improve your Google search visibility, every small step you take to make improvements using the tactics above can make a big difference. If you are looking for more ways to improve your Google search visibility, our marketing team can help. Connect with us today to find out how.